Browse Items (13 total)

Map of The Hague (1649)
Map of The Hague (1649) with:

1. Stadtholderly Court at the Binnenhof
2. Palace Noordeinde, the 'Old Court'
3. Frisian court

Map of Leeuwarden (1649)
Map of Leeuwarden (1649) with the Frisian Stadtholderly Court.

The court of the Stadtholders of Holland in The Hague at the Binnenhof.
Originally the Binnenhof Court in The Hague was the residence of the counts of Holland. From the sixteenth century onwards the stadtholders of Holland took up residence here and they built their court, which was known as the Stadhouderskwartier, in…

Palace Noordeinde, The Hague.
Palace Noordeinde, also known as the 'Old Court', was home to the stadtholders of Holland from the end of the sixteenth century. Louise de Coligny, Willem van Oranje-Nassau's widow, lived there with her son, Frederik Hendrik, who rebuilt the palace…

Huis ten Bosch
The estate Huis Ten Bosch was built in 1645 by Frederik Hendrik van Oranje-Nassau and his wife Amalia von Solms-Braunfels. Pieter Post was the primary architect. When Frederik Hendrik died in 1647, Amalia turned the estate into a monument in honour…

Palace Huis ter Nieuburch, Rijswijk.
The estate Huis ter Nieuburch was bought in 1630 by Frederik Hendrik van
Oranje-Nassau who rebuilt it in 1634 with the aid of the architect Simon de la Vallée.
Frederik Hendrik’s widow Amalia von Solms-Braunfels inherited the estate, but she…

Aankomst van Willem III op Paleis Honselaarsdijk, 1691
Palace Honselaarsdijk was built by Frederik Hendrik on the site of a stately medieval hunting lodge. After his death the estate was inherited by his son, Willem II, whose wife, Mary Stuart (Princess Royal and Princess of Orange), gave birth in the…

Stadtholderly court at Leeuwarden, 1688
In 1580 Stadtholder Willem Lodewijk van Nassau-Dillenburg purchased and took up residence at the Rolkemahuis in Leeuwarden, which had been built in 1564 for Philips II Boudewijn van Loo, the rentmeester-generaal to Philip II. In 1603 Willem Lodewijk…

 Oranjewoud Palace
Albertine Agnes van Oranje-Nassau bought the Sickinga estate in 1676 from Barent van Sevenaer, one of her dignitaries. She renamed the estate Oranjewoud and used it as her summer residence. After her death in 1696 (she died at Oranjewoud) her…

Oranienstein Palace
In 1672 Albertine Agnes van Oranje-Nassau commissioned the building of a palace in the German county Dietz. She named this palace Oranienstein. It was built on the foundations of a Benedictine monastery.
Following Albertine's death in 1696, her…
Output Formats

atom, dcmes-xml, json, omeka-xml, rss2